Saturday, July 24, 2010

MORE SUGAR FEST WEEK













After the fun of the carnival my body said it had had enough. With the change of diet and especially lack of my Juice Plus (my next shipment did not make it to me before we left for Fiji ouch!) I had the flu! I have not been sick in over 10 years so this was a difficult thing for me. I slept most of Wednesday and then off and on on Thursday. Friday I couldn't stand being in bed any longer and got up and had a frigid shower which woke me right up, had some toast and was able to go to the college and be in the Cross skit and give my testimony to about 15 mixed Fiji/Christians and Indian/Hindus. What a joy it was! I was able to pray with 3 Hindu girls and plant seeds of Jesus love for them. Back to the base for some rest and dinner. That night we were given 3 days off! wow. Most went out on their own that night, Jan, Kim and I made cookies and popcorn and set up the big screen and projector with Marks help and had our own movie night. Saturday night Christie was invited to an Indian Hindu Wedding and asked Kim,Tres and I along. She met them on house visits down by Nadi. So after we finally found the place in the dark I really enjoyed it. We went in and met the groom and gave a small gift, met the sisters and mom and aunt quite a family thing. This was the 3rd day of the wedding and I am not to sure of the customs but grabbed a quick video for you all to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment