Sunday, July 11, 2010

Our First Week In Fiji


So we had a wonderful trip to Fiji. We left Kona at 8am on the 29th of June and went to Honolulu to catch the flight out to Fiji. We were able to stop at Christmas Island for refueling and got to look out the door and see the International Airport. Quite a sight it was! We landed in Nadi, Fiji around 7pm on the 1st of July and made our way through Immigration and Customs and the crew meeting us had a van waiting to take us to the base in Lautoka. The rain was coming down and it was quite humid. We have been blessed since with very good weather, somewhat hot and humid but nothing we cannot handle. Above is a picture of the base and my view of the sun rising in the morning during my quiet time. We were given a wonderful welcome banquet and some great entertainment you can see below:




Our first week of ministry has been such a blessing. We have 3 days of Kids Clubs, Hospital visiting, Mens group, a 3 day conference on prayer and we sent one of our men to talk about World View at a mens retreat and 3 others off to the mountains to do Plumbline at a church camp for boys and girls. I was blessed this week to go help with the Kids Clubs and have a video for you to watch below.


On Saturday night I got to celebrate my Birthday with little Jerimiah (Landoa and Vicca,s 1 year old son - the first birthday is a very special one here)We had an incredible dinner, cake and ice cream and some wonderful entertainment. We led this Sundays service at the Assembly of God Church and performed our skit which is quite powerful (no I don't have video for that one sorry!)
So today was our day off and Vicca came to me and asked if I could go pray for a sick woman with her, of course I could that is what I am here for so...was I ever blessed one of the best days I have had yet. I am looking forward to what God has prepared for me in the coming weeks. Again thanks for all the prayers I am feeling much better and have started sleeping better.

No comments:

Post a Comment