Saturday, July 24, 2010

SUGAR FESTIVAL WEEK

This week started off with a day off at the beach. We joined with PTC staff and their DTS and went to a great beach for some relaxing, volleyball, cards and nice walks on the beach.We all slept well that night. I think the highlight or one of them anyway was our bus ride and the guys from the DTS singing I am putting a video clip in to share with you.


Tuesday was time to once again get back to ministry. Jan and Dazza have been doing a great job of leading our team and keeping it all together. While we were in Ba last week another part of the team had been involved in a Crusade and doing home visits down near Nadi. We would continue doing that as well as Kids Club and the teaching at the College. The new addition was a class today by Mark on "friend raising" the class was good and let us know that it is biblical to ask for support as a missionary! We are not beggars but obedient followers of Christ. In the afternoon I went once again with Vicca to pray with a woman she had just met. Vicca has been wanting to start a prayer group of women to pray for their children and families. (reminded me of Moms in touch) WOW! is all I can say we were praying in the Spirit full on for over 2 hours. What a blessing for me. Again I am wondering if missions is for them or us? ( I am going to say for all of us, we just think we are coming to serve and end up doing and receiving..isn't God amazing?)
So home again for dinner and then on to the Sugar Festival Carnival. I went out with Dazza and Uncle John. When we arrived it was a surprise to see our Ba friends running a booth. We mentioned how we missed the tea and Pastor Benny said he would bring some the next day. We said "sota tale" see you later for good-bye won't do, and made our way through the carnival. I forgot my camera that night so went back to take these and a shot video. (you thought it was dangerous in the states?)

No comments:

Post a Comment