Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Visa day in San Francisco



Many thanks to Kat who was my incredible navigator, encourager and friend! We had a wonderful trip starting out in the early am to miss the traffic of SF. (I prefer the mountains for driving thank you) We had our first stop in Los Banos (of course) we found a Jamba Juice for our $1 oatmeal fix. (great deal) We continued on and all went well until I turned onto the first street off the freeway realizing that I would not be able to reverse my directions after seeing that wonderful ONE WAY street sign! (gotta love those one way streets oyy!) We decided to worry about that one when we were ready to leave. We found a parking garage (how do people own cars in this town?)$11.25 for 1 and 1/2 hours!!! They even park them for you so they can get as many cars in there as possible. Out to the street for a very nice walk (just a few blocks) to the Consulate. What friendly and caring people. I was very surprised how fast everything went. They said I could pick my Visa up after 4:30..uh can you mail it to me?(that whole traffic thing at 5pm I don't think so!)sure they can express it but you need to go to Walgreens and purchase stamps we don't have them and then bring it back. OK another nice walk up a couple blocks to get some stamps and cashews.(snack time)We also hit a Starbucks on the way back(Zen green tea, that will help with the traffic!lol) and happen to see a street cop who kindly gave us directions out of the city and back on to the freeway. However we missed that very tiny exit 80E that looks like it is for maintenance workers only! So we turned around after going about 10 miles out of the way!!! What an adventure going to the city can be. I loved walking on the street and checking out all the store fronts but they can have the traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment