Monday, April 12, 2010

Traveling

So I thought traveling would be pretty cool and it was with a few minor glitches. I thought my flight would leave at 9:20 from Manila but we left at 10:30 so....I was at the airport at 6:00 to get everything checked in! If you can believe this I was through all of it by 6:30 and waiting for my flight. Our flight was quicker than the flight there only 11 hours so I left Manila at 10:30pm on the 8th and got into San Fran at 7:30pm on the 8th(I got to live the day again only in an airport!can you say groundhog day..hehehe) I had to wait for the flight to Kona in the am at 9:00. The flight was over booked and very risky for stand by. God is so good! They had one empty seat and it was in first class! Wow! I felt so spoiled and very out of place.
So I arrived at the airport in Kona and was just amazed and in some kind of culture shock I believe, little huts as terminals (hehehe ) the other airports were so big and this one so laid back and small.
I collected my bags and found a taxi to the campus. Another God thing here, I asked how much cause I only had 33.00 American dollars and the rest in Philippine pesos. The driver said that was about right so on we went.I kept watching the meter go up and when it passed my 33.00 amount I thought God how am I going to pay for this, silly question I know....So I get out and tell the driver (who as we talked on the drive told me he is Filipino and knew the places I had been but was from another province)I only have 33.00 dollars and he said " oh I can take the pesos I will use them on my vacation! "Thank you LORD!
At this point I think I have basically been up for 2 days traveling and catching a cat nap here and there! I must have looked like a new student because the most wonderful young man walked by and asked if I needed some help. Again thank you LORD. I said I was a CROSSROADS Student and looking for Bob Hopkins. He took my bags and said follow me everyone is at lunch (to me it is around 11:00 pm Filipino time)I followed and we found Bob in a round about way. I had some salad one of the students offered me and then Bob took me to our room, which happens to be a new building and all the way at the top of the campus.(I am going to get in shape if nothing else!)
We walk in and I am introduced to 6 other women I will be living in community with for the next 5 months, 3 of those with one bathroom and who knows on outreach. Their response " your not Filipino!" I guess since I was coming from the Philippines they thought I was Filipino! We had a meeting around 3 and then dinner and opening night, the Holy Spirit's presence was so powerful and I was washed over with such a peace that after (I think I am close to 3 days now without much sleep) sleep came and all was well. Remember the heat from the Philippines? Well I slept with a light blanket and it was so wonderful!!! Sorry no pictures but soon I will post some.
I am still praying for support and trusting God for His provision. May you feel the peace of His presence in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment